Friday, July 2, 2010

They Like Me, They Really Like Me!!

Woke up this morning to find my Red Striped Kitchen Towel w/ Crochet Lace was featured in BailiwickDesigns's Nautical Treasury on Etsy!! http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c2decfc75d38eef392f25dc/how-nautical
Wow, what a great surprise! This will be the second time one of my items has been featured in an Etsy treasury.

Other recent exciting news: I finally ordered my knitpicks options set- the nickel plated ones. Being a "picker" or continental knitter, I specifically wanted needles with sharper points. As you can see above, the new knit picks needles (on right) have a much sharper point than my Susan Bates needles (on left) and yarn slides along the needles much better too. This makes for much faster knitting.

Got sizes 4-11 in the kit along with cables. Love that I can interchange cable lengths with the needles. The needles are fabulous- I am very very very happy with them!

New Yarn! I think it's official-I've become a yarn snob. While I still have the trusty acyrlic stuff in my stash, the fancy yarns are all I want to work with right now. Went a little wild at the local yarn shop last weekend.

(Above) Superior Filaturn Di Crosa- Lace weight 70% cashmere, 30% silk. Color 31: Mustard / 328 yds.
Currently being used for a knitted lace scarf (pics to folow soon)

(Above) Fiesta La Boheme, 2 stranded yarn, 50% Rayon, 32% Brushed Kid Mohair, 14% Wool, 4% Nylon. Color: 11084-Australia / 165 yds. This will become an enchanting triangular shawl. Hope to start soon!

Looking forward to a fun, relaxing weeking with lots of craft time. Wishing everyone a great 4th of July!

No comments: