Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weekend Update


































































































It has been a good weekend so far! Woke up to an etsy sale on Friday!! Sold one of my favorite items- a black crochet lace bracelet with a red rose. Also sent a free gift with this order- one of my new crochet flower rings. These rings are my newest items, available for sale at my etsy shop. They are a perfect fit for springtime.

Also been up to more neck scarf knitting. Made a trip up to Jessica Knits in North Scottsdale this afternoon to pick up some gourmet yarns. We're talking- super kid mohair& silk, alpaca, and linen yarns. Adorable shop, very boutique-y. I was in the area so thought I'd check it out.

I ended up with a bag of goodies. Most notably these: Rowan kidsilk haze (70% super kid mohair, 30% silk) and Blue Sky Alpaca Melange 100% baby alpaca.

So when you combine baby alpaca and baby goat you get..... THIS! The two yarns come out to about a sport weight feel and are knitting up beautifully so far. The kidsilk haze gives the scarf a very organic, soft fuzzy feel. Best of all, it just looks like a ball of my mom's hair.

1 comment:

Angela said...

It's always nice to wake up to a sale! Congrats!