Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Knit Project

Okay so today was a great day. First off, the weather has been gorgeous- it's like early summer already. Spent the morning doing some computer stuff, chores, etc, and then got outside to enjoy the day with my bf.

We went to a yarn shop I had never browsed around in before and had a blast. I usually go to Tempe Yarn and Fiber, but was in the Scottsdale area so gave AZ Knitting and Needlepoint a try. Both stores have a great selection and best of all I love the personal help and service that only yarn shops can provide you.

I needed some nice sportweight yarn for a knit neck scarf. Found a luxurious wool/silk blend in double knittting weight. Pure bliss to work with-I'm really excited.

Spent rest of afternoon knitting in the park while sipping iced coffee and watching a very entertaining game of soccer. Came home did some gardening and fixed up some bbq salmon for din din.

Did I tell ya it was a great day or what!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

That is a lovely color!! I love going to fabric stores and craft stores. Can browse for hours!

CakesMix said...

Hi Audrey,
I agree- a craft store visit always makes my day. :)