Sunday, February 15, 2009

Freeform Cro-Tatting!

I started this tatted edging last summer because I just felt like tatting. It has gotten pushed aside for other projects, but I keep uncovering it and working on it. I've had no idea what to do with it. I usually take great comfort in following prescribed patterns to a tee, or knowing exactly what I'm making, what it's going to become, and to whom it might be betrothed to. I know,- type A all the way baby!

So let me emphasize the big jump into the unknown as I attempt to FREEFORM from here.
This morning I took the 6"in of edging and joined it in the round, then crocheted a ring of chain loops around and am now making a round of tatted chains with picots. So maybe this is the start of a doily now? Hmmm.... Will take more pics as I progress here....

2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Very cool! Good for you. You're "designing"! :)

CakesMix said...

Thanks TattingChic!
I appreciate the encouragement :)