Monday, February 16, 2009

Renaissance Festival Pictures

First time at the Renaissance Festival. I will summarize my experience with a quick Do/Do Not list:

Do:
Allow 4+ hours for maximum viewing experience
Feel free to dress up and show off your handcrafted goods
Try the giant Turkey leg!
Bring ample cash me lady!


Don't:
Expect to leave early for other appointments as Ren Fest is all absorbing!
Feel self conscious about wearing those fairy wings- bring it on!
Go alone- Ren Fest is a group effort.
Worry if you cant speak "Renaissance" early modern English. You will still navigate well around the festival.


In short, I had a BLAST and would totally go again next year! Loved the costumes: foxtails, chainmail, lace hair snoods, capes, etc. So many people wore handmade customs that were amazingly adorned. I expecially liked seeing so many feather fascinator headbands. My favorite place there was the "Croft" area. Spinners, weavers, knitters, and basketmakers were gathered around doing their thing. Fabulous!

And last but not least, a photo of the "Vegetable Justice" booth in which you got to throw tomatoes at a man yelling out at you!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oooh, is this the western version of the same Renaissance Faire we have in North Carolina? My pictures are here: http://marthas-tatting-blog.blogspot.com/2008/10/time-out-for-renaissance-faire.html

CakesMix said...

Hi Martha,
Neat- I will check out your blog!