Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Etsy Experience

I've been selling my items on Etsy since July '08. After much encouragement from friends and family I decided to take the leap and see what would happen. It has been a great experience for me. The biggest reward is getting to know my customers and thinking "wow, I'm shipping my items across the nation!" The positive feedback I receive and repeat customers makes me feel great.

I am very pleased with Etsy as a place to buy and sell and would recommend the site to anyone who is interested in selling handmade products- especially newbies! In addition to just selling, you can participate in forums, online social networking opportunities, or join an etsy team. I've recently joined the Etsy Bloggers and am pretty excited about it. I enjoy blogging and am eager to meet other etsy crafters. The hardest part about etsy is "balancing!" Etsy has so many ways of getting you involved in (e.g. forums, message boards, groups, etc) that it is easy to let several hours a day fly by in front of your computer.

No comments: