Sunday, February 1, 2009

Booties, and Washcloths, and Scrubbies oh my!
















I don't know if handknit booties and washcloths are the way of the future- but I am enjoying making them. My boyfriend and I use ours everyday and just love 'em. Started these washcloths yesterday on the light rail. Same yarn was used for both, but one is knitted and the other crocheted. I can't decide which way I like better, so figured this is a good have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too compromise. For a handtowel, I really prefer the stretchiness and drape of the knit version, but can understand why so many people like the texture of crochet for kitchen work and cleaning up.

It's officially February! Looking forward to Valentines day! And there's nothing more romantic than giving someone handmade booties! I'm just sayin'... :)

No comments: