Thursday, September 18, 2008

Evolution of Tatting- well sort of

My recent attempts at Celtic tatting. Yes! You can witness my journey if you follow the picture from left to right. It did take me a few tries until I realized the mechanics of creating long chains and then gingerly manipulating them to create loops. Still need a bit more practice until I can feel confident about it. I found this book called "Celtic Tatting Knots & Patterns" by Rozella Linden. The pictures and instructions are very clear to follow and the pattern for the little flower in the picture is included too. I found it at Hobby Lobby, but I'm sure you can find it thru Amazon, Lacis, etc.

2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Very good! You are braver than I. I have that book, too, but I haven't done much with the "real" celtic tatting. I've done "fake" celtic tatting or what is known as celtic-style. Your flower motifs are cute! It's always interesting to see someone's progress! Glad to see I'm not the only one who's tatting "evolves" like that, too!

CakesMix said...

Thanks! :)