Saturday, August 2, 2008

Socks for Dad















As a b-day present for my dad I've offered to make him some custom handknit socks. The yarn.. "fixation," of course. He picked taupe (featured above). This is super awesome sock yarn. 98.3% cotton and 1.7% elastic, it has all the softness and comfort of cotton with just the right amount of stretch! I have made socks with it before and was really pleased with the product. A little more expensive than other sock yarns, but definately worth it..... I am especially looking forward to trying the 2-socks-at-a-time technique using 2 circular needles. I hope to start on it sometime this weekend. In meantime, been working working on a some mini crochet flower motifs. May use them in a doily or link them together for a bracelet. They are so dainty!

No comments: